This is a very interesting sensor used for temperature and humidity. The style used is very comfortable; also, the type contained for the temperature sensor is DS18B20, while the humidity sensor is very capacitive. The functions it includes such as the readings, the simple I2C interface provided and much more are all done through the microcontroller that is located inside it. This sensor is recommended since the sensor has brackets that are mounted inside a rugged case which gives it the ability and power of behaving as a normal PCB-mounted sensor.
Not to forget that this sensor is also weatherproof! It works well under wind, rain, you name it! It is even considered better than SHT PCB-breakout sensors, why? Because it has a better interface with microcomputers than any other interface regarding the microcomputers that can’t are not prepared for delicate timings of DHT sensors.
All you have to do is the following steps:
• Connect the red wire to 5V power, black to ground, yellow wire to your i2c data pin, and the white wire to the i2c clock pin.
Note that: 2 resistors are required (10Kohm pullup) and also, changing the i2c address is not allowed, therefore, every i2c bus has one sensor.
We don't have a detailed tutorial at this time but you can find our example library for Arduino that does temperature/humidity readings at our github repository.
- 3.5 to 5.5V power and I/O
- 10 mA max current use during conversion (while requesting data)
- Good for 0-100% humidity readings with 2% accuracy
- Good for -20 to 80°C temperature readings ±0.1°C typical accuracy
- 0.5 Hz update rate
- Body size 98mm x 16mm diameter (4" x 0.9" )
- 4 wires 20 inches long
- Weight: 82.64g
- This board/chip uses I2C 7-bit address 05C.
AM2315 - Encased I2C Temperature/Humidity Sensor
- Brand: manufacturer
- Product Code: AM2315
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: 117.00 AED