Playing retro games is easy on a Raspberry Pi - and that pocket-sized computer is pretty good at it too! All you need is a little help to connect buttons and a joystick up and you can custom design your own arcade console, desktop or stand-up machine, even just a simple controller box. It makes for a fun weekend project that will last all year.
This Adafruit Arcade Bonnet is designed to make small emulator projects a little easier to build. Here's what you can look forward to!
- It is the same size as a Pi Zero, so for really compact builds, this is super small. You can also use it with a Pi 2, 3, B+ or any 2x20 connector Pi.
- It has JST sockets so you can plug in six arcade buttons easily using our quick connects.
- Header breakouts for use with both clicky-type switched joysticks and...
- Header breakout and converter for using analog-type joysticks or thumbsticks with potentiometers inside.
- A 3W digital speaker output that can drive 4-8 ohm speakers for when using with a TV output, audio-less HDMI display or PiTFT. Works even when the Pi doesn't have a headphone jack!
- Switches are all managed with an I2C-GPIO converter with interrupt out. The converter is very fast and frees up all the pins so you can use this Bonnet with a PiTFT or any other accessory/device that uses a lot of pins!
Arcade Bonnet w/JST
- Brand: manufacturer
- Product Code: ECR-12-013445
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: 76.45 AED