Did someone mention there’s a fingerprint scanner? COOL. Where? Well it’s right here! This really amazing scanner is SUPER easy to use, and not to mention… it’s SUPER fun!
This awesomeness started when ADH-Tech made this module, it uses TTL serial for communications and it can be embedded easily for your project. Its main function is to read and identify fingerprints with an optical sensor, it does that on-board and using a CPU that has 32 bit. It receives commands that are being sent to it in order for it be registered (has to be done 3 times).
Also, the scanner for fingerprints has the ability to store different fingerprints, and the database it uses can surely be downloaded and distributed. There’s a template as well, it allows retrieving images of the fingerprints and it uses the optical sensor to get raw images. This version is considered more economical than the GT-511C3, and it stores a number of fingerprints that could reach 20 different ones. It’s easy, simple, and it has a suitable price. The connector on-board uses two mounting tabs has 4 signals Vcc, GND, Tx, Rx. Now available in Dubai, UAE, Oman, and Qatar.
Note: The module does not come with a cable
Dimensions: 37 x 17 x 9.5 mm
- High-Speed, High-Accuracy Fingerprint Identification using the SmackFinger 3.0 Algorithm
- Download Fingerprint Images from the Device
- Read and Write Fingerprint Templates and Databases
- Simple UART protocol (Default 9600 baud)
- Capable of 1:1 Verification and 1:N Identification
- 360° Fingerprint Recognition
- Please note that the datasheet is misleading, the arrow indicate Pin 1 (Tx), which is the black wire
- Demo Software
- Garage Door Opener Tutorial (Instructables)
- GitHub (Example Code)
Fingerprint Scanner - 5V TTL (GT-511C1R)
- Brand: manufacturer
- Product Code: GT-511C1R
- Availability: 3
- Ex Tax: 157.30 AED