By: Zero Ohm ElectronicsWe live in the world of technology where all fields like IoT, Robotics and Programming are rapidly changing and developing. Zero Ohm now gives you the opportunity to discover these worlds in a one week adventure of Innovative workshops that will give you the kick start you need in fields like arduino, raspberry Pi, IoT, Robotics and 3D printing. Allow your creativity to prosper as you innovate and explore the fun side of coding all while making amazing creations that are all your own.
Previous Events:Minister of Infrastructure Development H.E. Abdulla Belheef Alnuaimi and his undersecretary visiting Zero ohm provided training for their team.
Objectives and Workshop Sequence: Day 1: Get Started with Arduino: on the first day the workshop sequence will be as follows:
- An introduction about Arduino, followed by a brief explanation of what we’ll be doing in the workshop.
- An explanation about the first task, which is going to be turning an LED on and off. The audience will have enough time to demonstrate it by themselves.
- In the second task, the audience will learn about sensors, how to use it, and then they will be switching on and off an LED depending on the light of the room.
- In the third task, the audience will learn about DC motor, how to use it, and then they program the Arduino to move the servomotor in different angles.
- In the fourth task the audience will learn about temperature sensor and then control a DC motor that would move as a fan when the temperature is more than 30 degree, and switch off when it is less than 30 degree.
- The last experiment will be controlling the switching on and off of a LED from a mobile application using Bluetooth technology
- An introduction about Raspberry Pi, followed by a brief explanation of what we’ll be doing in the workshop.
- In the first task the audience will learn about Blynk App and they will use it with the raspberry pi to control an LED on and off.
- In the second task, the audience will use a temperature to sensor and display the temperature on their phones.
- In the third task, the audience will learn about web applications and how to build a web page with HTML templates and adding color to it with the help of CSS, and use that page to control an LED throughout the internet.
- An introduction about Robotics and mBot, followed by a brief explanation of what we’ll be doing in the workshop.
- In the first task, the audience will do a simple sketch program to read the mBOT ultrasonic sensor.
- In the second task, the audience will program the mBOT to follow a line on the ground.
- In the third task, the audience will program the mBOT to detect obstacles and avoid them.
- In the last task, audience will have some FUN!! With the dancing mBOT in the dark.
- An introduction about the common 3D printer, how it works, and its uses.
- Understanding the commonly used printing materials (PLA, ABS, PVA, and TPU). Audience will learn the difference between the materials and their advantages and disadvantages. In addition, they will learn how to identify unlabeled materials.
- Understanding the basics of obtaining a 3D model suitable for 3D printing. A few important points to consider when choosing a 3D model for printing will be explained in this stage. Audience will visit a common website providing free 3D models and pick a small model to print in a later stage in the workshop.
- Understanding the basics of “slicing” a 3D model for 3D printing. In this step, the previously obtained model will be prepared using specific softwares for the printing process.
- The last part will be a hands on practical session. The audience will learn how to setup a printer and then attempt printing the prepared model.
Part 1: Get Started in Android Apps Development: workshop sequence will be as follows:
- An introduction about Android Development, how it’s done, and its applications.
- A brief explanation on Android Studio software and how to use it.
- The Audience will start by learning about layouts and identify the different types of layouts in an app and their uses.
- Audience will learn who to create layouts in apps and how to write simple code in XML files to style the app.
- Audience will build a simple basketball Point counting app, they will learn about java and why it’s important in app development.
- Audience will program their mBots to control its movement through their laptops.
- The Audience will be divided into team.
- The mBot football cup will start.
Innovation Week Workshops
- Brand: manufacturer
- Product Code: ZO-420
- Availability: Pre-Order
- Ex Tax: 0.00 AED